The Sushi Production Chef (Level 1) for the Central Kitchen will report to the Production Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for production, preparing and making sushi packages from our Central Kitchen location.
- Education— High school diploma/GED preferred
- 1 to 3 years Sushi Chef experience.
- Basic knowledge of sushi making and safe handling of food.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, and quick learner.
- Skills/abilities— fluency in English; knowledge of sushi making, basic cutting skills, basic sushi ingredient preparation, and roll preparation; time management; ability to work standing for long periods of time.
Primary Job Functions (90%)
- Preparation of produce and seafood ingredients as needed for daily operations.
- Preparing finished sushi products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Production of 30 minimum sushi packages per hour.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure that all preparation work is completed fully for personnel on the next shift.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure that ingredients and supplies are stocked for daily operations.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work environment by performing daily cleaning routines.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with the team.
- Fully support and assist the Central Kitchen team as instructed by the Production Manager.
- Assist in deliveries of product to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen.
Other Job Functions (5%)
Additional tasks as assigned.