The Sushi Production Chef (Level 2) for the Central Kitchen will report to the Production Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for production, preparing and making sushi packages from our Central Kitchen location.
- Education— High school diploma/GED preferred.
- 3 – 5 years Sushi Chef experience.
- Knowledge of sushi making and safe handling of food.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, and quick learner.
- Skills/abilities— fluency in English; knowledge of sushi making, advanced cutting skills, advanced sushi ingredient preparation, and roll preparation; time management; ability to stand for a long period of time; basic record keeping; inventory control.
Primary Job Functions (90%)
- Preparation of all vegetables, sauces, and frozen ingredients.
- Cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish per AFC’s standard.
- Preparing various types of products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Production of up to 60 sushi packages per hour.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
- Food Safety: Comply with all AFC Food Safety requirements and regulations.
- Receiving; food materials and supplies (frozen/chilled/dry), able to identify the quality and quantity of product.
- Record keeping; GMP, sanitation, production records must be entered properly in a timely manner.
- Assist in deliveries of product to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen.
Other Job Functions (5%)
- Additional tasks as assigned.