The Food Delivery Driver and Preparer for the Central Kitchen will report to the Production Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for delivery of goods from our Central Kitchen location. In addition, this position will assist with ingredient preparation, production, and packaging after delivery is made to all stores.
Primary Job Functions (70%)
- Minimum 5 days of deliveries of product to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen.
- Learn the store names and recognize store managers, receivers, and employees.
- Ensure finished product meets the requirements for temperature, labeling, and quality standards.
- Complete packaging in delivery bags and ensure cooling procedures are completed prior to delivery.
- Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately. Help with DPR recording and waste.
- Receiving; food materials and supplies (frozen/chilled/dry), able to identify the quality and quantity of product.
- Work with the team to ensure proper set-up and stocking of stations with all necessary supplies.
- Work with the team to portion prep work for other shifts.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with the team.
Secondary Job Functions (25%)
- Preparation of wasabi, ginger, vegetables, and imitation crab meat.
- Preparing various types of products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Production of up to 30 sushi packages per hour.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
Other Job Functions (5%)
Additional tasks, meetings, or events as assigned.
- Education— High school diploma/GED preferred
- Entry level to 3 years Sushi Chef experience and safe handling of food.
- Maintain a good driving record for 5 years.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, reliable, and a quick learner.
- Skills/abilities— available for overnight shifts; fluency in English; ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs; time management; familiar with deliver routes assigned, basic record keeping; inventory control; basic cutting skills, basic sushi ingredient preparation, and roll preparation; time management; ability to stand for a long period of time.
Employee Offered Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life, Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Annual Bonus (Discretionary)
Salary: $22.00 per hour