The Store Opening Specialist aims to coordinate all interdepartmental communications, client, and health department offices for successful store openings.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Monitor and update the Opening Schedule to prioritize store openings according to the opening dates.
- Attend scheduled meetings with the client (supermarkets), AFC Marketing, Operations, and R&D to share store openings and inspection application status updates.
- Schedule meetings with governmental entities to follow up with inspection requirements and scheduling dates confirmation.
- Process applications and arrange payments for new permits.
- Review blueprints provided by the clients to assure all requirements are listed and ready to submit for approval to governmental entities.
- Prepare and update store opening reports and identify potential risks or delays in the process.
- Communicate risks and delays to AFC teams for a proper plan of action for delayed store openings.
- Process business licenses and tax forms for food service counters.
- Follow up with company policies & procedures.
- Build and maintains good customer relationships within company teams, health department inspections, organizations, and franchisees.
- Cultivate a collaborative work environment with other departments and disciplines.
- Keep accurate records and reporting.
- Support the permit and licensing for new store openings and ensure all required licenses and permits to operate are in place to open new store or remodels.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possess a depth of knowledge and proven experience in creating, implementing, and supporting company processes and procedures.
- Understanding of department objectives.
- Time management, organizational skills, and working with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Must have self-confidence and deal with complex situations, problem solves, and make decisions.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent. BA/BS degree in business administration preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Experience working in a franchised system or knowledge in retail foodservice is a plus.
- Must be a team player.
- Active listener.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful Store openings and achieving timelines.
- Inter-departmental synergy.
Employee Offered Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life, Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Annual Bonus (Discretionary)
Salary: $23.00 – $29.00 per hour
Work Location: Torrance, CA Headquarters Office (Non-Remote)