The Nutrition & Labeling Compliance Assistant supports the product management team and R&D innovation by 1) generating nutrition, ingredient statement, and allergen information 2) maintaining ingredient specifications, recipe, and food cost databases. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and, requires minimal supervision, and can work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
Primary Job Functions (70%)
- Generate nutrition labeling information using Genesis software for sushi, hot foods, retail items for sale in the US, Canada, and Australia.
- Work with R&D to ensure recipes are consistent with standards and across similar concepts.
- Maintain recipe and ingredient database and ensure changes are implemented and recorded.
- Assist internal departments, clients, and consumers with product-related inquiries such as: shelf life, allergens, gluten-free, country of origin, nutrition, net weight.
Secondary Job Functions (30%)
- Calculate food cost information as required and maintain an updated food cost database.
- Review new and updated ingredient specifications for US labeling compliance and deviations to the standard.
- Revise current ingredient labels as necessary due to changes in formula or regulations.
- Other Additional tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, food science, nutrition, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in the food industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Genesis R&D Food.
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA food labeling regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships across internal teams and with external clients.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to problem-solve independently.
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision.