The Business Process Improvement Manager will evaluate existing processes, analyze, and recommend adjustments to workflows, schedules, or rearrange other processes, as needed to align with the organization’s goals & objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements to meet business goals.
- Evaluating existing business processes.
- Determining and outlining business process improvements.
- Coordinating business process improvement strategies with internal stakeholders.
- Overseeing all aspects related to the implementation stages of business process improvement initiatives.
- Analyzing and monitoring implemented changes to business processes and adjusting them as needed.
- Guiding and supervising personnel who were assigned a specific task.
- Performing ongoing analyses on business processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management.
- Presenting progress reports and integrating feedback.
- Revising and updating procedures and policies.
- Identity and manage resources for process improvement projects.
- Assist in planning and executing process improvement projects.
- Provide support and guidance to team when needed.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Assist in developing process improvement policies and infrastructure.
- Optimize or redesign process flows to meet project requirements.
- Train resources in process improvement techniques.
- Monitor process performance and improvements in key metrics.
- Work with management to define the short-term and long-term objectives and potential gains.
- Assist in determining project scope and schedule based on business needs and customer requirements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as business process analyst & improvement role
- At least 5 years of experience in food industries preferred
- At least 3 years of Supervisory/Managerial experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or Project Management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
Employee Offered Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life, Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Annual Bonus (Discretionary)
Salary: $95,000.00 – $132,000.00 per year
Work Location: Torrance, CA Headquarters Office (Non-Remote)