Advanced Fresh Concepts
19205 S. Laurel Park Road
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
We offer room for growth in your business career path.
“I enjoy working for AFC because the company is like home to me. My coworkers are like my siblings who provide me with daily inspiration to be better. We all share our goals to survive, enjoy life and accept the challenges for AFC.”
Advanced Fresh Concepts Franchise Corp. is continuously expanding and growing. We are seeking qualified people to join our dynamic team.
Following are current open positions:
Administrative assistant role that works together with an enthusiastic team, whose primary objective is to help people within AFC Franchise System. Highly people-oriented job with daily interactions via in-person, phone, and email. Unique placement within company that allows for wide exposure in dealing with all departments and various work type. Position offers both daily-routine tasks and opportunity to work on special ad-hoc projects or assignments. With a work environment that is team-based, goal-focused, and acuity-driven.
This position gives opportunity to find your role in helping advance the company and possibly grow with AFC through your tenure here!
Assignments are in various AFCFC sushi bars. Responsibilities to include operate sushi bar and/or hot foods service counters under AFC corporate management (AFC Mgmt.) until assignment ends. Training will be provided during a 2-week orientation at AFC Headquarters.
– Open sushi bar and/or hot food service counter i.e. Sizzling Wok, Steam Table or Hot Bowl
– Make sushi items and/or hot foods
– Post applicable promotional displays (posters, banners, etc)
– Promote food product by demonstration/sampling
– Close sushi bar and/or hot food service counter
– Other duties as assigned
– High school diploma/GED preferred
– Minimum 3 years experience as a sushi chef
– Knowledge of sushi making and safe handling of food
– Served Safe certified preferred
– Must have excellent customer service skills
– Must take initiative and be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
– Must be detail oriented
Assistant to the Corporate Chef will be responsible to assist in training prospective franchisees.
a.) Assist the Corporate Chef in training prospective Franchisees in the following areas:
– Sushi Bar operation
– Quality control
– Food safety
– Customer service
– Product demonstration/sampling
b.) Operate AFC management stores to maximize sales.
– Open and close sushi bar each day.
– Make sushi items each day.
– Ensure all applicable promotional posters, banners, etc. are on display.
– Conduct product demo/sampling.
c.) Travel to AFC management stores in various regions. Travel approximately once a month for approximately 7 – 10 days each trip.
d.) Submit weekly data reports and business/travel reports.
e.) Handle additional tasks as assigned.
– Certification from a culinary institute is preferred
– Minimum 1 – 3 years of sushi chef experience at a Japanese or Asian restaurant
– Must have excellent verbal communication skills, inter-personal skills and ability to motivate others
– Must be Serve-Safe certified.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day functions of creating, designing, and maintaining marketing materials for the purpose of attracting new and retaining existing supermarket and other retails facility accounts (Clients), where AFC seeks to open or continue food service counter franchise operations, respectively. Examples of marketing materials include official company brochures, pamphlets, catalogues, and other Client requested or public relations materials. The quality of such marketing materials must be at level typically associated with professional advertising and marketing campaigns. This position will also need to communicate on a regular basis with the Marketing Dept. of assigned Clients.
Creative Directions, Ideation, Creation and Design through:
Dissemination to Clients:
Maintenance and Updates:
Oversee food safety and sanitation procedures for retail food service organization. Conduct routine inspections of franchise locations to determine compliance with SSOP, store requirements, and State and local laws. Educate chefs during routine visits on food safety and internal policies and procedures. Follow-up on conduct complaint investigations. Lead Food Safety Training/Discussion sessions with operators. Must possess strong interpersonal and organization skills. Must be able to operate a company vehicle and be able to work independently.
Play an imperative role in the development, monitoring and enhancement of food safety and quality programs for AFCFC franchised and AFC internal operations. Ensure applicable operations are implemented in accordance with the guidelines constructed by the FSQA Manager and Senior Management. Support the management of third party and internal food safety auditing programs; directly coordinate with team counterparts in establishing trend analyses, conducting one-on-one and group training sessions and the creation and implementation of policies and procedures to drive improvement of the overall Food Safety and Quality systems.
This position will assist with vital functions of the Company’s supply chain to ensure the efficient and timely sourcing of new ingredients and supplies (new materials) required to implement new and test menu items at the Company’s retail establishment based food service counter locations. The food service counters offer two main product lines—sushi and Asian hot food. Operational materials include, but are not limited to seafood, meat, rice, noodles, containers, and food preparation tools and equipment. Close communications and coordination with AFC Distribution Corp. and various divisional teams of R&D Dept., are required.
– Education— Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration
– Experience— 1-2 years of office experience, preferably at a product distribution company
– Languages/skills/abilities— fluency in English; extensive computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and database software); detail-oriented; inter-personal communications
– Shipment Coordination – Ensure set deadlines are achieved
– Gather confirmed documents (memos, recipes, instructions, etc.) for a particular promotion, announcement, etc.
– Gather electronic copies of confirmed creative designs (posters, banner, color menus, etc.) associated with the above promotion, announcement, etc.
– Inform various individuals on status of shipments
– Assist in resolving shipment issues; i.e. late delivery, returns, incorrect shipments, etc.
– Inventory Control – Coordinate with AFC Distribution Corp. to ensure sufficient inventory levels.
– Ensure sufficient documentation is obtained for new items
– Process Invoices
– Additional tasks as assigned
Oversee regional location including but not limited to Universities, Supermarkets, and Business accounts for our sushi bar operations. Support and train our contracted Franchisee’s in business growth for their operations in sales, food safety, and overall product quality. Regional Manager’s position is to assist the operation to adherence to all company standards and procedure, and also build relationships with our clients.
Franchise Recruiter’s duty is to provide consultation for potential franchisees by helping to guide them through the process of finding and purchasing a franchise , as well as, providing them with available franchise locations.
Under the supervision and oversight of Division Management, this full-time position will handle the various tasks of drafting and revising new product proposals and retail price increase proposals, to be submitted to the Headquarters of the retail establishments (Clients) wherein AFC operates its food service counter franchises, for the purpose of obtaining approval to implement the changes proposed for such food service counters. Close communications and cooperation with other functional teams within R&D Dept., as well as Marketing Dept., are required. Proposal contents and details will vary by retail establishment, region, store segment, etc.
– Education— Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing.
– Experience—1 year of office experience, preferably in sales or marketing.
– Languages/skills/abilities—Fluency in English; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; communicates well with supervisor and peers; quick learner; positive attitude; time-management skills; creativity sense; detail- oriented; ability to approach all tasks assigned in a systematic, disciplined, accurate, and thorough manner; good experience with Microsoft Office applications—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; basic knowledge of and experience with design software—Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
– Drafting of various proposals for submission to Clients. The writing needs to be clear and convincing in order to maximize the likelihood of obtaining approval for implementation. Proposals may include pictures, diagrams, images, sample designs, numbers, and figures, depending on context.
– New products— R&D regularly develops new product concepts to add to our food service counter menu.
– Retail Price Increase— our product retail prices need to increase occasionally, in order to keep pace with rising costs, so that franchisees can continue to operate profitably.
– Follow-up with Marketing Dept. on client decision on proposals.
– Respond to Marketing Dept. inquiries regarding submitted proposals.
– Maintain an organized system to archive all proposals, for quick retrieval based on retail establishment, region, store segment, etc.
– Additional tasks and projects as assigned.