Advanced Fresh Concepts
19205 S. Laurel Park Road
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
We offer room for growth in your business career path.
“I enjoy working for AFC because the company is like home to me. My coworkers are like my siblings who provide me with daily inspiration to be better. We all share our goals to survive, enjoy life and accept the challenges for AFC.”
Advanced Fresh Concepts Franchise Corp. is continuously expanding and growing. We are seeking qualified people to join our dynamic team.
Following are current open positions:
Human Resources Assistant will mainly handle the administrative aspect of on-boarding and record keeping for our temporary employees. The position will compile and keep employment records related to timekeeping, personnel, and compensation using human resources management system software. The position may require to assist in preparing time and attendance and payroll reports. This position will also assist as the reception desk support by greeting and welcoming clients and visitors and handling phone call operations.
Timekeeping & Payroll (10%)
Assist with the processing of payroll for temporary employees (i.e. generating Time & Attendance reports) and distribution of paychecks and wage statements.
Maintaining current HR files and databases; updating and maintaining personnel related documentation, including recruitment, employee benefits, employment status, and schedules; employment verification; performing file audits to ensure that all required documentation is collected and maintained.
Collecting new hire packet and entering new hire information in the system; ensuring all forms are complete; preparing new employee files; providing system access to employees.
HR Policy & Procedure – Education & Enforcement (10%)
Answering employee questions regarding company policies and payroll; provide guidance regarding use of company benefits.
Reception Desk Support (15%)
Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately; answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls; receiving and sorting daily mail; reservations of the meeting rooms.
Other Duties (5%)
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Associate Degree or equivalent (combination of education credits and relevant full-time experience).
2. One year experience in Human Resources or related field (preferred)
3. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Basic Proficiency
4. Human Resources Management / Payroll System – Basic Proficiency
5. English Language (Speaking/Listening)
6. Knowledge: Personnel & Human Resources, Customer and Personal Service, Clerical, Administration, Office Technology
7. Skills: Reading comprehension, Active listening, Speaking, Business Writing, Problem Solving, Coordination, Service Orientation, Multitasking
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision benefits, basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision.
Corporate Franchise Trainer will be assisting in the training, coaching, and motivating of new AFC franchise owners. This position will be working with a dynamic team as part of the Legal & Compliance division. Candidate must be highly-driven and enjoy working with people.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision.
This position will assist in developing and field testing new products, with a focus on current and/or popular consumer trends.
• Experience— 3 years of culinary experience; background in Sushi or Asian cuisine preferred.
• Languages/skills/abilities— Fluency in English; interpersonal communications; computer skills (MS Outlook, Excel, Word)
Primary Job Functions (70%)
• Research current and/or popular trends in Japanese and other Asian cuisines.
• Suggest item recipes that meet the above trends.
• Travel to AFC’s food service counter locations throughout Southern California to conduct field testing of newly suggested item recipes.
o Make the item on site.
o Offer sample tasting to customers.
o Collect reactions, feedback, and comments of customers.
o Fill out Daily Production Report (DPR).
o Report back to the Dept., the results of the field tests.
Secondary Job Functions (30%)
• Temporarily manage and operate AFC corporate management food service counter locations, as needed.
• Travel to food service counter locations in various regions, as needed, to implement new product concepts.
• Travel to Account HQ, as needed, to conduct sample tasting and obtain Account approval for product implementation.
• Conduct sample tasting of new ingredients at AFC HQ.
• Conduct focus groups at AFC HQ to survey participant opinions on new product recipes.
Assignments are in various AFCFC sushi bars. Responsibilities to include operate sushi bar and/or hot foods service counters under AFC corporate management (AFC Mgmt.) until assignment ends. Training will be provided during a 2-week orientation at AFC Headquarters.
– Open sushi bar and/or hot food service counter i.e. Sizzling Wok, Steam Table or Hot Bowl
– Make sushi items and/or hot foods
– Post applicable promotional displays (posters, banners, etc)
– Promote food product by demonstration/sampling
– Close sushi bar and/or hot food service counter
– Other duties as assigned
– High school diploma/GED preferred
– Minimum 3 years experience as a sushi chef
– Knowledge of sushi making and safe handling of food
– Served Safe certified preferred
– Must have excellent customer service skills
– Must take initiative and be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
– Must be detail oriented
Oversee regional location including but not limited to Universities, Supermarkets, and Business accounts for our sushi bar operations. Support and train our contracted Franchisee’s in business growth for their operations in sales, food safety, and overall product quality. Regional Manager’s position is to assist the operation to adherence to all company standards and procedure, and also build relationships with our clients.
Oversee food safety and sanitation procedures for retail food service organization. Conduct routine inspections of franchise locations to determine compliance with SSOP, store requirements, and State and local laws. Educate chefs during routine visits on food safety and internal policies and procedures. Follow-up on conduct complaint investigations. Lead Food Safety Training/Discussion sessions with operators. Must possess strong interpersonal and organization skills. Must be able to operate a company vehicle and be able to work independently.
Reporting directly to the officers of the company, the Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the sales and marketing team and strategy to develop existing clients and enter new markets. This role will be responsible for creating and communicating clear objectives for the sales and marketing division and team members while working with the company’s executives to develop actionable business plans and goals. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales professional to bring his/her unique set of skills and relationships to a dynamic and growing company.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and demonstrated experience in sales and business development in a B2B and/or professional services setting, mainly working with senior level decision makers in the supermarket and food service industries. He/she will have the ability to build relationships and develop networks, along with highly developed account management skills. AFCFC is seeking a confident, resourceful and self-initiating team-player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. He/she will be expected to manage clients independently, make important decisions about sales approach and network development while also leveraging the strengths of the AFCFC team to deliver the high-quality service and product that defines AFCFC’s reputation. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and benefits for this position are highly competitive and commensurate with experience. AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision.
Field Supervisor is responsible to manage AFCFC Corporate management food service counters collaborating with the respective Assistant Regional Manager and Regional Manager. This include supervising, coordinating, analyzing the operation of the assigned food service counter to function efficiently. These will include but not limited to the following: Sushi, Sizzling Wok, Steam Table, Noodle Bars and Hot Bowl operations.
Food Service Counter Coordination (50%)
Employee Oversight (30%)
Administrative Functions (20%)
Qualification and Education Requirements:
Education: 4-year degree preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in the food service industry as a chef
Language: Fluent in English and computer skills
Served Safe certified preferred
Must have excellent customer service skills/ self motivated
Travel: Business travel up to 80%+ of the time.
Administrative assistant role that works together with an enthusiastic team, whose primary objective is to help people within AFC Franchise System. Highly people-oriented job with daily interactions via in-person, phone, and email. Unique placement within company that allows for wide exposure in dealing with all departments and various work type. Position offers both daily-routine tasks and opportunity to work on special ad-hoc projects or assignments. With a work environment that is team-based, goal-focused, and acuity-driven.
This position gives opportunity to find your role in helping advance the company and possibly grow with AFC through your tenure here!
This position will assist with vital functions of the Company’s supply chain to ensure the efficient and timely sourcing of new ingredients and supplies (new materials) required to implement new and test menu items at the Company’s retail establishment based food service counter locations. The food service counters offer two main product lines—sushi and Asian hot food. Operational materials include, but are not limited to seafood, meat, rice, noodles, containers, and food preparation tools and equipment. Close communications and coordination with AFC Distribution Corp. and various divisional teams of R&D Dept., are required.
– Education— Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration
– Experience— 1-2 years of office experience, preferably at a product distribution company
– Languages/skills/abilities— fluency in English; extensive computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and database software); detail-oriented; inter-personal communications
– Shipment Coordination – Ensure set deadlines are achieved
– Gather confirmed documents (memos, recipes, instructions, etc.) for a particular promotion, announcement, etc.
– Gather electronic copies of confirmed creative designs (posters, banner, color menus, etc.) associated with the above promotion, announcement, etc.
– Inform various individuals on status of shipments
– Assist in resolving shipment issues; i.e. late delivery, returns, incorrect shipments, etc.
– Inventory Control – Coordinate with AFC Distribution Corp. to ensure sufficient inventory levels.
– Ensure sufficient documentation is obtained for new items
– Process Invoices
– Additional tasks as assigned
Franchise Recruiter’s duty is to provide consultation for potential franchisees by helping to guide them through the process of finding and purchasing a franchise , as well as, providing them with available franchise locations.